OSGeo4W has two modes - express and advanced:
- "Express" gives you a short list of suggested packages to select from which have been widely tested.
- "Advanced" gives a long detailed list of packages and subpackages including development versions and so forth. For the moment GRASS is available in the "advanced" install. After a period of testing it may be moved to the "express" section.
OSGeo4W Installer download:
Please download it and test. The wizard will guide you through the installation process.
Find GRASS in
Advanced -> ... -> Select Packages
All -> Desktop -> grass &
Feedback is appreciated in two "channels":
OSGeo4W installer related issues:
- Mailing list: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/osgeo4w-dev
- Bugs/wishes: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/report
- Mailing list: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-windows
- or http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
- Bugs/wishes: http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report
BTW: The OSGeo4W team is seeking a new GRASS package maintainer, we hope to find a candidate soon - please speak up.